Tips for avoiding “Porch Pirates”
· Have your packages delivered to a location where they can be received in person, such as a neighbor’s or relative’s house.
· Have your package delivered to work if your employer allows it.
· Take advantage of delivery alerts so you can be notified when a package arrives at your home or choose a specific delivery time and arrange to be there then.
· Have your package delivered to a local store for pick-up
· Ask a trusted neighbor to take your package inside for safekeeping.
· Request the delivery company to hold your package at their closest pick-up facility until you can pick it up.
· Ask the shipper to require a signature confirmation of delivery in order to prevent packages being left when no one is home.
· When the option is available, instruct the shipper to leave packages out of sight from the road or your yard.
Don’t let Porch Pirates ruin your Christmas.