- Low Mileage Discount. Many companies will give you this discount if you drive a limited number of miles per year. Usually the limit is around 8,000 miles per year.
- Safe Driver Discount. These are two types of discounts. The one most people are familiar with rewards you for not having had claims over a period of time. The other requires you to install monitoring device in your car, which tracks how, when and where you drive. Based upon the company’s particular criterion you may receive discounts for things like driving without sudden starts and stops, not driving very late at night, driving in a limited area near your home and for following the speed limit. Each company has different measures that they use to determine eligibility for this discount. You may want to consider trying one of these devices as the insurance companies will not increase your premiums based upon the data they collect, they will only reduce them.
- Companion Policy Discount. Most all companies offer discounts for having multiple policies with them.
- Insurance Score Discount. If your credit rating is good and you are a safe driver with no moving violations you probably will qualify for a better rate based upon your good insurance score. Generally this is built into the rating software that agents use to get you a quote.
- Multi Vehicle Discount. Multiple vehicles on one policy usually are cheaper.
- Continuous Coverage Discount. Insurance companies like responsible customers who have maintained coverage for a long time and they’re willing to give a discount to get those customers.
- Early Quote Discount. If you’re thinking of switching, it pays to get a competitive quote a few weeks prior to your current policy expiring. You will get a discount for quoting more than 8 days before expiration.
- Driver Training Discount. New drivers get this for completing an approved course.
- Accident Prevention Course Discount. This one is for older drivers, (usually over age 70), who take an approved course.
- Paid in Full Discount. By paying the premium in full you eliminate all billing fees and get a discount on the premium too.
- Distant Student Discount. If your student is attending college more than 100 miles from home without a car he or she can stay on your policy a reduced rate so that they can still drive the family car when they are home.
- Education Discounts. College grads get a better price than high school grads that, in turn get a better price than high school non-grads.
- Anti-Theft Device Discounts. Yes, those alarms do save you money on your insurance.
Not all companies offer all of these discounts. One of the reasons we ask you a lot of questions when you’re looking for an auto quote is to try to give you all the discounts you are eligible for.
Think of Farm Country for your auto insurance needs. More Service – More Choices.